Today’s Genealogy Bargains – Sunday, May 13, 2018
Here is our “quick list” of NEW and ONGOING bargains . . . scroll down for details on each deal!
- Midwest DNA: Save 40%! Online DNA Genealogy Adventure featuring Blaine Bettinger – CLICK HERE
- EXTENDED! 23andMe: Special 30% off Sale at Amazon – CLICK HERE
- ENDS TODAY! 23andMe: Mother’s Day Sale – Buy 2 Kits Get 1 Free OR 20% Off – CLICK HERE
- ENDS TODAY! Ancestry UK: FREE ACCESS to 1939 England and Wales Register – CLICK HERE
- ENDS TODAY! Ancestry: 30% off Gift Memberships for Mother’s Day at Ancestry – as low as $69 USD! – CLICK HERE
- ENDS TODAY! Family Tree DNA: Save up to 28% during Family Tree DNA Mother’s Day Sale! – CLICK HERE
- TODAY ONLY! Family Tree Magazine: Save an Extra $5 on Discover Your Female Ancestors Bundle – use promo code MOTHER5 – CLICK HERE
- Family Tree Magazine: Save 57% on Kids Genealogy Collection – CLICK HERE
- NEW! Hack Genealogy: Save 30% on Interpreting Your FTDNA and 23andMe Results – CLICK HERE
- iDrive: Save 90% on 1st year of 2TB online backup – just $6.95 – CLICK HERE
- ENDS TODAY! Living DNA: Save 50% on 3-in-1 DNA test kit at Living DNA – use promo code MOMSDAY7 – CLICK HERE
- MyHeritage DNA: MyHeritage DNA Mother’s Day Sale – just $59 USD – CLICK HERE
NEW Genealogy Bargains
TODAY ONLY! Save an Extra $5 on Discover Your Female Ancestors Bundle at Family Tree Magazine! “Female ancestors are hard to trace. It’s a truth you’ve heard time and again, verified by your own research struggles. Here in the Discover Your Female Ancestors Bundle, we’ve assembled some of our strongest material to help you out, from detailed strategies in the independent study and video courses to quick reference material in the cheat sheet.”
This special bundle includes:
- Female Ancestors Cheat Sheet: Female Ancestors Cheat Sheet gathers our best advice, tips and reference information for researching the women in your family tree, and organizes it into easy-to-use, at-a-glance format in this printable five-page PDF.
- Secrets to Tracing Female Ancestors Web Seminar Download: From maiden names mysteries to great-grandmas named “Mrs.”, researching your female forebears is full of challenges. In this class, you’ll learn tools and tactics to overcome those dead ends and uncover your female ancestors’ stories.
- Trace Your Female Ancestors Online Genealogy Course: Ever heard the phrase, “Well-behaved women don’t make history?” In this independent study online course, you’ll discover all of the available tools and resources you can use to find your female ancestors, well-behaved or not.
- Research Strategies: Female Ancestors: Bring your female ancestors to the forefront of your family tree. These strategies will open the door to unpuzzling their names, uncovering their records and telling their stories.
- X Marks the Spot: Finding Your Female Ancestors Through DNA: Are missing marriage records and maiden names blocking your search for female ancestors? Hitting a brick wall when it comes to following those maternal lines? See how the latest DNA technology can help. Get a crash course on X chromosomes and mitochondrial DNA with the resources and techniques shown in this video presentation. Explore the free GEDMatch website that can connect your DNA results with those from a variety of testing services and see how one-to-many DNA comparisons can unlock the answers you’re after about female ancestors.
Regularly $123.06 USD, sale priced at $29.99 USD – use promo code MOTHER5 at checkout and your final price is just $24.99 USD! Sale valid TODAY ONLY, Sunday, May 13th. Click HERE to shop via Family Tree Magazine
Save 30% on Interpreting Your FTDNA and 23andMe Results Boot Camp digital download. “If you were unable to attend the Interpreting Your FTDNA and 23andMe Results Boot Camp this past Saturday, May 12th, you’re in luck! We’ve packaged the entire event – webinar videos and handouts into one product! We had an enthusiastic sell-out crowd with Mary Eberle presenting amazing information-filled webinars!” Regularly $25.95, now just $19.99 through May 31st. Click HERE to read more and purchase – via Hack Genealogy
ONGOING Genealogy Bargains
Save 40% on Midwest DNA – Online DNA Genealogy Adventure! Join leading DNA educators Blaine Bettinger, Mary Eberle and Jane Haldeman as they help you unravel the mysteries of DNA testing and how to use DNA results for your genealogy research. This a special one-day, online event with very limited seating!
Register by Monday, May 28, 2018 and receive $50 off the $129.99 USD registration price – you pay just $79.99 USD! Click HERE to register – and don’t delay! This event will sell out quickly!
EXTENDED! Special 30% Off Sale on 23andMe Ancestry Service DNA test kit via Amazon! This is the same exact autosomal DNA test as AncestryDNA and the other genealogy companies PLUS you would need to purchase two of these DNA test kits in the current 23andMe Mother’s Day Sale to get the 30% savings!
Regularly $99.00 USD, you pay just $69.00 USD! Plus, with your Amazon Prime membership, your purchase qualifies for FREE SHIPPING! Click HERE to shop – via Amazon
LAST DAY! FREE ACCESS to 1939 England and Wales Register this weekend! The 1939 England and Wales Register is an important record set for UK researchers – it would be the equivalent to our 1940 US Census here in the States.
“Initially taken due to the onset of war with the purpose of producing National Identity Cards, the register later came to be multi-functional, first as an aid in the use of ration books and later helping officials record the movement of the civilian population over the following decades and from 1948, as the basis for the National Health Service Register. The 1939 Register is an extremely important genealogical resource, not only for the rich detail and information recorded for each person and household, but also in helping to bridge a thirty-year gap in census data. The census taken in 1931 was destroyed during the Second World War and no census was carried out in 1941 due to the ongoing conflict. The register, as held by The National Archives, contains data only for England and Wales and does not include records from households in Scotland, Northern Ireland, the Channel Islands or the Isle of Man.”
Click HERE for free access – via Ancestry UK
IMPORTANT: For US Ancestry users, you MUST access these records from the Ancestry.co.uk site – this means setting up a new account on Ancestry UK if you don’t already have one!
*Note: “Access to the records in the featured collection will be free until 13 April 2018 at 23:59 BST. To view these records you will need to register for free with Ancestry.co.uk with your name and email address. We will then send you a username and password to access the records. After the free access period ends, you will only be able to view the records in the featured collections using a paid Ancestry.co.uk membership.”
90% off iDrive automatic online backup: normally $69.50 per year, you get the first year of 2TB cloud storage for just $6.95! Once you’ve scanned all those family photos, you need to have a data backup right? This is a “set it and forget it” program like Carbonite but much better: you can backup your mobile devices and even Facebook images! Click HERE to sign up now and click HERE for more info – via iDrive.
Save 57% on Kids Genealogy Activity Kit at Family Tree Magazine! “Pass your love of genealogy to the next generation with Kids Genealogy Activity Kit. With this kit, you will get ELEVEN resources perfect for kids to begin discovering their ancestry as you assist. Along with tips and tricks to dig into your heritage, you will also get fun genealogy activities like madlibs, family tree interview sheets, family tree templates to fill in, and much more!
- Zap the Grandma Power Up Workbook
- Pocket Buddy Notebook Set
- Stories from My Grandparent
- Ultimate Family Tree Chart Templates CD
- Family Tree Memory Keeper
- Family Tree MadLibs
- Family History for Kids
- 7 Family History Projects for Kids E-book
- Family Interview Sheet
- How to Fill Out a Family Tree Chart Video Download
- Remember That? eBook
Regularly $138.86 USD, now just $59.99 USD! Click HERE to shop -via Family Tree Magazine
LAST DAY! Save 30% on Ancestry Gift Memberships – the PERFECT Mother’s Day gift*! Strong moms run in her family – and this gift for Mother’s Day can help her prove it.
Click HERE to read the new article “Why Ancestry Is the Perfect Gift for Mom” and learn the five reasons your Mom wants an Ancestry Gift Subscription!
U.S. Discovery: Access all U.S. records
- 6-month subscription – Save $30 USD
Regularly $99 USD, now just $69 USD
- 12-month subscription – Save $60 USD
Regularly $189 USD, now just $129 USD
World Explorer: Access U.S. & international records
- 6-month subscription – Save $50 USD
Regularly $149 USD, now just $99 USD
- 12-month subscription – Save $50 USD
Regularly $299 USD, now just $209 USD
BONUS: If you’ve wanted to try Ancestry for yourself, consider this gift subscription offer to AVOID the auto-renewal on a regular subscription . . . these gift subscriptions will NOT renew!
And you can set a specific activation date for Ancestry Gift Subscription – click HERE to get started NOW! Sale valid through Sunday, May 13th – via Ancestry
*Offer valid through Sunday, May 13, 2018 at 11:59 p.m. ET. Offer available for new subscribers only and not for renewal for current subscriptions.
LAST DAY! Save up to 28% during Family Tree DNA Mother’s Day Sale! Family Tree DNA is holding an AMAZING Mother’s Day Sale with some SWEET prices on DNA test kits and bundles!
“Save up to 28% on our top selling DNA tests during our Mother’s Day Sale. See yourself through your DNA and bring your unique family history into focus. Family Finder provides powerful interactive tools to help find your DNA matches, trace your lineage through time and determine family connections.”
The Family Finder DNA test kit, similar to the autosomal DNA test kit at 23andMe and AncestryDNA, regularly $79, now just $59 USD! Sale valid through Sunday, May 13th. Click HERE to shop – via Family Tree DNA
mtDNA Test Kits On Sale!
There are even more savings when you purchase these DNA test kits at Family Tree DNA:
- mtFull Sequence: Examines all regions of mtDNA, identifying your maternal haplogroup and migration path. Regularly $199, now just $149! Save $50! Click HERE
- Family Finder + mtFull Sequence Test Bundle: Allows you to explore your deep maternal ancestry and migrations and all that Family Finder has to offer. Regularly $278, now just $199! Save $80! Click HERE
- Big Y-500 Test *: Tests 500 markers. Explore your paternal lineage and follow the ancient migration path of your male ancestors. Regularly $799, now just $649! Save $150! Click HERE
Sale valid through Sunday, May 13th. Click HERE to shop – via Family Tree DNA
MyHeritage DNA – just $59 USD! The MyHeritage DNA Mother’s Day Sale has started and you can get the MyHeritage DNA test kit – an autosomal DNA test kit similar to 23andMe and AncestryDNA – for just $59 USD!
“Over the past 15 years, MyHeritage has helped millions of people find new family members and discover their ethnic origins. Your DNA test offers you the powerful experience of discovering what makes you unique and learning where you really come from. MyHeritage DNA is proud to be enhancing the lives of users all around the world.”
Get MyHeritage DNA for only $59 USD! Sale valid through Monday, May 14th. Click HERE to shop – via MyHeritage DNA
LAST DAY! Save 50% on 3-in-1 DNA test kit at Living DNA! Give Mom a new adventure this Mother’s Day! Celebrate Mother’s Day and get 50% off the Living DNA 3-in-1 ancestry test, with promo code MOMSDAY7. “Explore your motherline today! Living DNA brings your direct motherline to life by testing a type of DNA called mitochondrial DNA. This is passed down the generations with little change, which enables us to share your motherline group along with its potential history.”
Regularly $159 USD, sale price $99 USD, with promo code you pay just $79 USD! Remember, you must use promo code MOMSDAY7 at checkout. Sale valid through Sunday, May 13th. Click HERE to shop – via Living DNA
LAST DAY! Buy 2 Kits Get 1 Free OR Take 20% Off* during Mother’s Day Sale at 23andMe – “We love mom genes.™ No two moms (or grandmas) are alike but every mom will love this gift.” If you purchase two kits and get one free (you can mix and match the Ancestry Service and the Ancestry Service + Health kits), you can save up to 30% of the FULL PRICE ($99 USD Ancestry Service and $199 USD Ancestry Service + Health)!
Otherwise, each kit is just 20% off: the Ancestry Service test kit (autosomal DNA test, compare to AncestryDNA), regularly $99 USD, is now just $79.20 USD! The Ancestry Service + Health test kit, which also provides health information based on DNA, regularly $199 USD, is now just $159.20 USD! Sale valid through May 13th. Click HERE to shop – via 23andMe
*Note: Buy any 23andMe kit and receive 20% off each kit, or, purchase any two (2) 23andMe kits at regular price and receive the third (3rd) kit, that is of equal or lesser value, for free. Customers can mix and match kits. The Buy 2 Kits and Get 1 Free offer can only be applied once per order, any additional kits will receive 20% off. Savings based on regular price per kit (Ancestry Service $99 / Health + Ancestry $199). Offer ends May 13, 2018.
PLEASE NOTE: The post content above contains affiliate links. This means I make a percentage of sales via these links. This does not INCREASE the price you pay as a consumer. It simply supplements my income so I can continue providing as much free genealogy content as possible through my “abundance model.”
Disclaimer: All prices and offers are subject to change. Some items may be sold out and have limited inventory. Also check to see if you have automated purchase settings enabled, such as Amazon Buy with 1-Click: it is your responsibility to make sure you are getting the correct price for an item before you check out and finalize the transaction.
Amazon Associates Statement: We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
Disclosure Statement: I have material connections with various vendors and organizations. To review the material connections I have in the genealogy industry, please see Disclosure Statement.
©2018, copyright Thomas MacEntee. All rights reserved.
Follow Us on Pinterest
All new deals are posted to Pinterest – follow us there!
Follow Abundant Genealogy’s board Genealogy Bargains on Pinterest.