PLEASE NOTE: The Genealogy Bargains post content below contains affiliate links. See disclosure statement below.
Today’s Genealogy Bargains – Friday, November 10, 2017
- 23andMe: $49 for DNA Ancestry test kit
- Ancestry: Save 20% on Gift Memberships
- NEW! Ancestry: 50% off Veterans Day Flash Sale
- AncestryDNA: Save 20% plus FREE SHIPPING
- NEW! Ancestry.ca: FREE ACCESS to Canadian Military Records
- NEW! Ancestry.co.uk: FREE ACCESS to UK Military Records
- NEW! ArkivDigital: FREE ACCESS to Swedish Records
- Family ChartMasters: Save 30% on DNA Ethnicity Chart
- Family Tree DNA: Save $20 on Family Finder DNA
- LAST DAY! Family Tree Magazine: Save 10% on all genealogy kits
- Findmypast: FREE ACCESS to Military Records
- Hack Genealogy: Finding Birth Families Using DNA Boot Camp
- Legacy Family Tree: FREE WEBINAR Using Non-Population Schedules for Context and Evidence
- NEW! MyHeritage: EXCLUSIVE! Save 50% on Complete Plan
- MyHeritage DNA: Save 40% – DNA test kit only $59
- NEW! Twisted Twigs Genealogy: Save 42% on Official Military Personnel File
SAVE 50% on ANCESTRY
NEW! Save 50% on All Subscriptions at Ancestry! Starting TODAY Friday, November 10th at 9:00 am PST, new subscribers can save 50% at Ancestry on 1-month and 6-month subscriptions. This is the perfect way to “try out” Ancestry if you’ve not used their site.
UPDATE: 1) Ancestry now has said that the sale does not start until 9:00 pm Pacific time on but the links below are working for most people; and 2) Current subscribers should try the links below BEFORE calling Ancestry
- U.S. Discovery 1-month membership, regularly $19.99, now just $9.99
- U.S. Discovery 6-month membership, regularly $99, now just $49
- World Explorer 1-month membership, regularly $34.99, now just $17.49
- World Explorer 6-month membership, regularly $149, now just $74
- All Access 1-month membership, regularly $44.99, now just $22.49
- All Access 6-month membership, regularly $199, now just $99
Remember that this sale ends TOMORROW, Saturday, November 11th! Click HERE to get started – via Ancestry
IMPORTANT: Offers end November 11, 2017 at 11:59 p.m. ET. Offers available for new subscribers only and not for renewal of current subscriptions. Discount applies to first 1-month term for monthly subscriptions and first 6-month term for 6-month subscriptions, respectively. Your subscription will automatically renew at list price after the introductory 1-month or 6-month offer. If you don’t want to renew, cancel at least two days before your renewal date. Cancel by visiting the My Account section or by contacting us. See our Terms and Conditions for further details.
NEW Genealogy Bargains
NEW! Save 50% on Complete Plan from MyHeritage – click HERE to read my latest article entitled Are You Getting Genealogy Matches That Really Work? Why I Use MyHeritage to Improve My Research and you’ll understand how valuable MyHeritage can be as a resource.
This offer expires TOMORROW, Saturday, November 11th so ACT FAST! Click HERE to get started – via MyHeritage
NEW! FREE ACCESS to Canadian Military Records at Ancestry.ca! Now through Sunday, November 12th, in honour of Remembrance Day, you can access millions of military records for your Canadian ancestors who served. Click HERE for free access – via Ancestry.ca
NEW! FREE ACCESS to UK Military Records at Ancestry.co.uk! Now through Monday, November 13th, in honour of Remembrance Day, you can access millions of military records for your UK ancestors who served. Click HERE for free access – via Ancestry.co.uk
NEW! FREE ACCESS to Swedish Records at ArkivDigital! This event happens only twice a year and this weekend you can get FULL ACCESS to the more than 75 million images of Swedish church records. Access dates are Saturday, November 11 and Sunday, November 12 (Swedish time). Click HERE to learn more – via ArkivDigital
NEW! Save 42% on Official Military Personnel File during the Veteran’s Day Sale at Twisted Twigs Genealogy. The Official Military Personnel File is a soldier’s service history and this file typically contains:
- Date and type of enlistment/appointment
- Duty stations and assignments
- Training & qualifications
- Performance reports
- Awards and decorations received
- Non-judicial disciplinary actions (e.g., Article 15; Letter of Reprimand)
- Emergency data
- Administrative remarks
- Date and type of separation/discharge/retirement (including DD Form 214,
Report of Separation, or equivalent)
- May also contain: birth certificates, marriage certificates, divorce decrees,
letters, and photographs
The fee to pull these records at NARA is $70 with a 3-6 month waiting period. Regularly $100 for this service at Twisted Twigs, you pay just $58 for this WWI and WWII record retrieval for all military branches delivered via email within 60 days of your confirmed order. There is a guarantee of at least 50 pages; if the file has less than 50 pages, Twisted Twigs will check for additional records at NARA St. Louis, Washington DC and College Park.
IMPORTANT: This offer is limited to the first 30 people who purchase this service and for World War I and II files for all military branches! Now is the time to make some real progress researching your military ancestors! Click HERE for more information – via Twisted Twigs
ONGOING Genealogy Bargains
LAST DAY! Take an extra 10% off all genealogy kits at Family Tree Magazine! For two days only, save an extra 10% on all genealogy collections including:
- Genealogy for Kids Collection – Pass your love of genealogy to the next generation with Genealogy for Kids Collection. With this collection, you will get five resources perfect for kids to begin their family tree. These tips, tricks, and prompts will help kids interview family members to build their family tree and dig into their heritage. Regularly $87.96, now just $22.49 – click HERE to shop
- Genetic Genealogy MEGA Bundle – Get the most out of your DNA research with this comprehensive collection. You’ll get a plethora of tools to help breakdown how DNA testing works how to use your results for your research. Regularly $599.85, now just $89.99 – click HERE to shop
- Tombstone Preservation Kit – This collection will help you not only research your ancestors based on their graves, but also give you tools and tips to clean and preserve tombstones for future generations. The star of this collection is the D/2 Biological Solution which is specially formulated to safely remove sediment from your ancestor’s tombstone. Regularly $62.93, now just $35.99 – click HERE to shop
- Cemetery Research Premium Collection – In this collection, you will learn the steps of searching and analyzing ancestors’ graves. Learn how to keep track of your research, the best websites for cemetery research, surprising places to find death details, and much more. Regularly $211.95, now just $53.98 – click HERE to shop
Use promo code SEASONKIT10 at checkout to claim your savings.* Offer good through Friday, November 19th. Click HERE to shop – via Family Tree Magazine
*NOTE: for some kits it is better to use the promo code FAMTREE20 which offers a 20% discount – will work with the Genealogy Collection for Kids but not all sale items!
FREE WEBINAR Using Non-Population Schedules for Context and Evidence presented by Jill Morelli, CG, Friday, November 10th, 1:00pm Central – “We are familiar with the decennial censuses, but the non-population schedules can also provide evidence and context for your family history. Using basic analytical skills and correlating tools, we will investigate five different records sets which shed light on many aspects of our ancestors lives and enrich our stories of them.” Click HERE to register – via Legacy Family Tree Webinars
FREE ACCESS to Military Records at Findmypast! This weekend, today through Sunday, November 12th, Findmypast is offering FREE ACCESS to US and UK military records:
- US access: For Freedom. For Honor. For You. Don’t let your family’s military heroes be forgotten. Unearth their remarkable stories in original documents from the US, UK, Ireland and more. Together, we’ll keep their legacies alive. Click HERE to get started.
- UK access: Your family were heroes . . . don’t let them be forgotten. Unearth their remarkable stories in simple-to-search, original documents from the Army, Navy and RAF. Together, we’ll keep their legacies alive. Click HERE to get started.
NEW! Win a new Apple iPhone X from Genealogy Bargains! Enter this week’s amazing giveaway and you could win a new 64GB Apple iPhone X to use for photos, scanning genealogy documents and more! You could win this amazing prize if you enter by 11:59 pm Central on Sunday, November 12, 2017. Click HERE to enter!
Save 30% on DNA Ethnicity Chart print at Family ChartMasters! Looking for a unique gift this holiday season or want to display your own Ancestry DNA test results? Create your own DNA Ethnicity Chart online and then select your options including PDF download. Pricing starts at just $19.95 and you save 30% with promo code GB30DNA! Sale good through Saturday, November 11th. Click HERE to learn more – via Family ChartMasters.
Save 40% on MyHeritage DNA – just $59! PLUS special savings on shipping! This is the lowest price you’ll see on the MyHeritage DNA test which is an autosomal test just like AncestryDNA and Family Tree DNA’s Family Finder test. You’ll have access to more ethnicities than any other major vendor PLUS received your results much faster than other companies. PLUS here’s an incentive on shipping: purchase 2 MyHeritage DNA kits and save 50% on shipping . . . and purchase 3 MyHeritage DNA kits and get FREE SHIPPING! Sale good through November 23rd, Click HERE to save – via MyHeritage DNA
23andMe Ancestry Test just $49 when you buy 2 kits! This is an amazing Thanksgiving Family promo now through November 23rd – normally $99 each, save 50% when you purchase two kits. A good deal as well is a single Ancestry test kit is just $69. Click HERE to shop – via 23andMe.
Save 30% on Finding Birth Families Using DNA Boot Camp – join DNA expert Mary Eberle on Saturday, November 18th for this online educational event! If you are an adoptee looking for birth parents or a genealogy researcher with an ancestor who was adopted, you’ll want to be a part of this problem-solving workshop. Regularly $29.99, you pay just $19.99 if you register before Monday, November 14th. Click HERE for details – via Hack Genealogy
Save 38% on Living DNA – now just $99 USD – We can’t remember the last time the price for the Living DNA test kit was this low – the regular price is $159 USD! “Living DNA is the world’s most advanced DNA test, offering twice the detail of other ancestry tests.”
- Twice the detail of other ancestry tests. We give you your DNA mix across 80 world regions, including 21 in Britain and Ireland. You can also explore peer reviewed details of the areas of the world your ancestors are from.
- 3-in-1 ancestry test. Our test not only covers your family line ancestry, but unlike other tests we also include your motherline, and your fatherline ancestry if you are male.
- View your ancestry through history. We put your ancestry into context showing your breakdown today (going back up to 10 generations), and also the spread of your ancestors at different points in history, showing how we are all connected.
- Your ancestry results updated for free. As science and our systems evolve, your results will be updated to provide on-going details about your ancestry.
Click HERE if you want to see what my results look like at Living DNA – this gives you an idea of the reporting they do for DNA testing!
Non-US Resident Sale Prices:
- Australia: $169 AUD, normally $199 AUD
- Canada: $169 CAD, normally $199 CAD
- New Zealand: $169 NZD, normally $199 NZD
- UK: £99, normally £129
Click HERE for more information and to shop – via Living DNA
Save 20% on Ancestry DNA test kits plus FREE SHIPPING! Here’s a little known sale . . . you can get the popular Ancestry DNA test kit for just $79 USD plus use promo code FREESHIPDNA at checkout to save the $9.95 shipping fee! And as an added bonus, each additional DNA kit you order is just $69 USD! There is no posted expiration data on this offer, so don’t delay because it could disappear at any time! Click HERE to get started – via Ancestry DNA
PLEASE NOTE: The post content above contains affiliate links. This means I make a percentage of sales via these links. This does not INCREASE the price you pay as a consumer. It simply supplements my income so I can continue providing as much free genealogy content as possible through my “abundance model.”
Disclaimer: All prices and offers are subject to change. Some items may be sold out and have limited inventory. Also check to see if you have automated purchase settings enabled, such as Amazon Buy with 1-Click: it is your responsibility to make sure you are getting the correct price for an item before you check out and finalize the transaction.
Disclosure statement: I have material connections with various vendors and organizations. To review the material connections I have in the genealogy industry, please see Disclosure Statement.
©2017, copyright Thomas MacEntee. All rights reserved.
Follow Us on Pinterest
All new deals are posted to Pinterest – follow us there!
Follow Abundant Genealogy’s board Genealogy Bargains on Pinterest.