This is a limited time offer expiring after Saturday, November 11th. Don’t put this off – get ready for a year filled with awesome genealogy finds and get everything you need at MyHeritage! Click HERE to get started today.
Many of my followers know that I travel around the country presenting genealogy lectures and workshops. Did you know I fly over 50,000 miles each year and I LOVE connecting with other genealogists and sharing the latest genealogy and technology information.
As you can imagine many attendees will ask questions and want to “pick my brain” in between lectures and afterwards. This is another aspect of my job that I love since it gives me an idea of the current issues for genealogists and family historians. One question I get frequently: “Should I be using MyHeritage?” or “What’s the best site to use if I have European ancestry?” or “Why do you like MyHeritage?”
Do You Really Know MyHeritage?
I always tell genealogists that there is no “easy button” in genealogy and NO WEBSITE will provide easy answers. But you need to spend time understanding all the features of a site like MyHeritage and maximize your time spent there.
What do you really know about MyHeritage? These are the newer features I use the most at MyHeritage and the ones that have really helped me with my own research:
- DNA Matching: MyHeritage has made recent improvements in its DNA Matching technology and I’ve found lots of new matches. And these are in the 1st to 3rd cousin range, not 4th to 6th cousin like AncestryDNA’s matching. Also, I love that DNA Matches allows me to see the surnames I have in common with my matches!
- True Worldwide Coverage: This is a big one for me especially as I am working on my European genealogy research. MyHeritage has over 91 million users, 2.6 billion profiles and an online community of users around the world. When I have questions about German archives and records I know I can get answers from other users on MyHeritage.
- Record Matching: Record Matching intelligently compares over 2.6 billion family tree profiles on MyHeritage to the more than 8 billion historical records on SuperSearch. This feature is what I call “researching in my sleep.” Yes it sounds similar to the “shaky leaf” over at the other big genealogy site, but my success rate is much higher. I’ve found newspaper articles that don’t appear at Ancestry. I’ve found other records that don’t appear at other genealogy sites like Findmypast.
- Pedigree Map™: “An innovative way to visualize your family history. Pedigree Map™ plots events from your family tree such as births, marriages, and deaths, as well as digital and scanned photos on an interactive world map.” When I have a research issue involving cluster research, I can look at migration patterns and more with Pedigree Map™. I also use this when I’m showing family members our family history since the visual components communicate far better than a family tree chart.
Exclusive Offer – 50% Off MyHeritage
MyHeritage is offering a special discount on its annual Complete Plan price EXCLUSIVELY to friends of Genealogy Bargains. MyHeritage is one of the fastest growing genealogy sites and the best place to build your family tree, with historical collections including billions of records. This special offer will give you EVERYTHING on MyHeritage for the lowest price.
Click here to get your 50% off deal on the MyHeritage Complete package. This offer is for new subscribers only. The normal price is $250.74 USD and you’ll pay just $125.29 for a full year’s access to the following.
- Private family site with unlimited capacity
- Automatic Record Matches
- Vital records from 48 countries
- Smart Matches™ with 38 million trees
- Record Detective™
- Book Matching
- Sun Charts™
- Consistency Checker
- NEW Photo Discoveries™
- Over 8.2 billion historical records
- Start a new tree or import GEDCOM
- Unlimited photo storage
- Apps for iOS/Android smartphones and tablets
- Military and immigration records
- 1790-1940 US census
- 1841-1911 England & Wales census
- Compilation of Published Sources collection with over 450,000 books and 91 million pages
- Family Tree Builder premium software
Act Now! Offer Expires Saturday, November 11th!
This is a limited time exclusive offer expiring after Saturday, November 11th. Don’t put this off – get ready for a year filled with awesome genealogy finds and get everything you need at MyHeritage! Click HERE to get started today.
PLEASE NOTE: The post content above contains affiliate links. This means I make a percentage of sales via these links. This does not INCREASE the price you pay as a consumer. It simply supplements my income so I can continue providing as much free genealogy content as possible through my “abundance model.”
Disclosure statement: I have material connections with various vendors and organizations. To review the material connections I have in the genealogy industry, please see Disclosure Statement.
Content and Images: All product content including images have been used by permission from the vendor.
©2017, copyright Thomas MacEntee. All rights reserved