Solving Family Mysteries with DNA Boot Camp – Saturday, August 19, 2017
If you are ready, click HERE to register and get the early bird price of just $19.99 USD – no promo code needed!
UPDATED: All those paid and registered will automatically be entered into a drawing to win a FREE REGISTRATION! If your name is selected, you will be notified via email and receive a FULL REFUND valued at $19.99!
So let’s say that you’ve taken a DNA test and you’re still looking for a better way to find that elusive ancestor since no other documentation exists. Or maybe you were adopted or your parent was. How do you handle these “family mystery” situations which can become quite convoluted and complex? There’s a technique called Mirror Trees that I just learned about. It’s a great way to help in these kinds of mysteries.
I don’t know about you, but I also have matches that are close, but I have no idea who they are—or their name is there, but they don’t have a tree. That valuable match is sitting in my match list, but they are a total mystery to me. There has to be a better way than what I am doing and I could use some help!
If you’re ready you can join me and DNA expert Mary Eberle for our fifth DNA online event entitled Solving Family Mysteries with DNA on Saturday, August 19th, 2017. [NOTE: If you cannot attend the live event but want to access the materials for later use, please wait until Monday, August 21st when the digital download will be available for purchase at the same low price!]
I’ll be your host and moderator while Mary shows us the best methods and tools to unravel those family mysteries that only DNA results can solve. Mary will also answer your questions live during each webinar.
- Mirror Trees: Mirror trees are trees built based on matches’ trees. They’re often used in unknown parentage cases. However, they’re also helpful for breaking down brick walls further back in your tree and determining how your matches are related to each other and to you. Learn how to build and use mirror trees.
- Best Tools for Researching Difficult DNA Matches: Have a really strong DNA match, but that the person doesn’t even have a name, let alone a tree? This webinar covers both free and subscription-based websites to help your detective work. It also covers the clues that can be used to figure out who matches are, where they’re from, and other important information. These new insights into your mystery can help you figure out your connection to them and place them in your family tree.
You’ll receive over 3 hours of educational content for the low price of $25.99! You’ll also receive access to the recorded versions of each webinar and the handouts! Register by Monday, August 14, 2017 and receive $6 off the registration price for a low $19.99! Space is limited, and if you register but can’t attend, you’ll still receive the handouts, the freebies and access to the recordings!
Saturday August 19, 2017
Duration: 3.5 hours (with a 30 minute break)
NOTE: This event will start ONE HOUR EARLIER THAN NORMAL!
- 9:00 am CDT UTC/GMT -5
- 10:30 am CDT UTC/GMT -5
- 11:00 am CDT UTC/GMT -5
Best Tools for Researching Difficult DNA Matches
- 12:30 pm CDT UTC/GMT -5
Closing and Thank You
Mary Eberle – Speaker
Mary Eberle is an experienced genetic genealogist and a DNA expert. She’s a former patent attorney with extensive DNA experience. Mary began her work in the field of DNA research 30 years ago. She now owns DNA Hunters, LLC, which finds people’s biological parents and helps people understand their DNA results. Mary lectures on genetic genealogy throughout the country.
Thomas MacEntee – Moderator
What happens when a “tech guy” with a love for history gets laid off during The Great Recession of 2008? You get Thomas MacEntee, a genealogy professional who’s also a blogger, educator, author, social media connector, marketer, network builder and more.
Thomas was laid off after a 25-year career in the information technology field, so he started building his own genealogy-related business called High Definition Genealogy. His latest endeavor is Abundant Genealogy, a site filled with free resources for genealogists and family historians of all skill levels.
How To Register
Ready to join in this great educational event? Here are the details on the registration process:
NOTE: Due to recent problems with making payments via Paypal, please read carefully the updated instructions below to ensure payment. You are not registered until payment is made!
- Click HERE to register. Once you register you will need to make payment via Paypal. You do not need a PayPal account to make payment.
- Check your junk email and spam folders for an email from GoToTraining asking you to complete the payment process.
- IMPORTANT: If you encounter any problems making payment, please email me at firstname.lastname@example.org. I can create a Paypal invoice and email it to you making it easier to pay.
- Once payment is processed and received, you will receive a confirmation email. You will also receive “reminder” emails 1 day and 1 hour before the start of the Boot Camp. IMPORTANT: SAVE THIS EMAIL – it has a JOIN NOW button at the end of the email – it is your only access point to the live event!
- Within 24 hours of the start of Boot Camp, you’ll receive the links to the handouts so you can review them before we start.
- After the webinar, all registrants will have access to the recording for personal use. The recording will be hosted on Vimeo and a password will be required to access the video pages.
Questions? Email us at email@example.com.
Terms and Conditions
Please read the Terms and Conditions for all Hack Genealogy Boot Camp events before you pay and register! Click here for more information.
PLEASE NOTE: The post content above contains affiliate links. This means I make a percentage of sales via these links. This does not INCREASE the price you pay as a consumer. It simply supplements my income so I can continue providing as much free genealogy content as possible through my “abundance model.”
Disclosure statement: I have material connections with various vendors and organizations. To review the material connections I have in the genealogy industry, please see Disclosure Statement.
Content and Images: All product content including images have been used by permission from the vendor.
©2017, copyright Thomas MacEntee. All rights reserved